Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Post

I'm back in America!! It feels like I was never in Italy--like a short dream. And somehow it always comes up in conversation.

I miss walking everywhere, all the parks, coffee culture, fine wine (the horrible stuff here is crazy expensive. Especially when the great stuff was so cheap in Italy), being able to sip a cocktail outside. I'm losing the language so quickly!! As I got off the plane, I kept mumbling semi-coherent sentences about how America is "colorless" and "too big" and "the roofs are wierd". I was astounded by my bedroom door, which didn't scrape the ground like the one in Italy. Also carpet, which is magical.

I'm realizing, the more that I think about my experience, the more I got out of it. I really DO recognize the importance of diversity, European politics, and independence better. But it's quite nice to be in old habits: huge kitchens, my friends and family, INTERNET, endless books in English, the dollar, auto driers, squirrels, understanding everything other people say, driving, roominess, lawns...it's amazing.

Italy was a great experience, but I'm so happy to be back. I hope I can go back to Europe with my loved ones soon--only way it could be better!

Anyway, thanks for reading through all my posts everyone. I'm glad I kept the blog going (in huge chunks at a time..). I hope you got as much out of this as I did Italy :) Thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment