Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2 days to go!

It's Tuesday, and I leave on Thursday. There's been a sudden rush to finalize small things: new shoes, new coat, copies of this, call the bank, buy medicine, and so on and so forth. This, along with all my other friends departing on their study abroad trips, has finally struck a chord in me, and set the anxiety running. I feel extremely under-prepared.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV, and all I could think was that a. I'm going to Italy and b. I'm going for a long time. As much as everyone says it's an extended vacation, I still feel nervous about having to start life somewhere else. Vacation, you can leave and go back to your normal life. This is going to be a serious change. As much as that's what I want from my experience, that's also the scariest part of all this. I'm stressing quite a bit now.

Pro-tip: pack sooner than 2 days in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment