Thursday, April 28, 2011

Backpackers

Nothing on this earth bugs me more than Backpackers. Backpackers are the hardcore folks: Travelling straight from city to city with nothing but their one backpack, for weeks or months. It sounds easy, but it is insanely expensive (imagine 9-20 euros per night for your hostel, plus museum fees and transport) and stressful (it certainly isn’t a vacation, but its definitely an experience).
I have no idea why they bother me so much. They are just quite the eyesore: a huge backpack, with a blanket roll on the bottom, and a sleeping bag roll on the top, with a backpack on the front. It’s something I could certainly never do, which is why I was happy to do study abroad instead: you have a home base, to wash clothes in, to have cheap food in, to keep your things safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment