Friday, April 1, 2011

Come sto

Since I’m entering the last quarter/month of my study abroad experience, I figured I’d let you guys know what life is actually like over here. There is no such thing as a routine, because my classes are so randomly situated. The first month was nothing but Intensive Italian, so we had class every morning for 3 hours, learning the language. We then went home and crashed, went out to eat for apertivi, and then watched TV in Italian and went to sleep. It was, in fact, sort of boring. We traveled some places on the weekends, which you’ve read about, dear follower.
Now, classes are random (I have more Italian, Italian Business, and Painting….lol). We don’t have homework. Our classes are still 3 hours, but I will never go a week without a day with no class. This brings in day trips, sleeping in, etc. If I’m out getting groceries (once a week), I will normally get caffe for takeaway (NOT to go), or some gelato at a random place. Every Tuesday and Thursday I Skype with CJ and school, since I don’t have unlimited internet in my apartment. Natalie and I both read a fair amount, and devour books.
Minus the traveling part, its sort of dull, to be honest, but the food is 80000x better and theres plenty of down time, to the point that I will be happy to get back to work this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment